Monday, August 31, 2009

Update time!

Oh man, I am SO overdue for an update! I guess I'll just jump right in and fill everyone in on the happenings of the summer! We had our family camping trip during the end of July. We went to the Rock Creek campground in Bend Oregon (One of my VERY favorite places to be!) It was an awesome camping spot, and HUGE. Josh and Sophie, and Heather and Val came too. We all had a blast. Todd's parents always scope out and reserve a great spot for us, because they live in LaPine so we get spoiled! The lake we were on was more of a fishing lake though, and kinda yucky, so we drove a few minutes up to Big Cultus lake. MY FAVORITE LAKE EVER! It was awesome. The water is like luke warm, and perfect. Its really shallow and sandy for maybe a quarter of a mile, then it dropped off into deeper water. Perfect for the little kids, and boy did they love it! Mom and dad couldn't come, because my dad had to work, but other then that it was great. Here are a few pictures!

The lake by our campsite. Somebody took some time making those cool little rock statues

Part of our Campsite. See my sweet cot tent over in the corner... best Christmas present EVER. I love that thing!


Hallie, Ashy and Rory. Those were some dirty kids! Nice face Ashlyn!


Some deer that wandered right up into our campsite. They weren't shy at ALL!


Jayce being his cute self, getting ready to head to the lake in Daddy's truck!


Also, I started a new job! Its back to the dental world I go!!

FINALLY Its been killing me not working, I was starting to go stir crazy. If not fore my adorable nieces and nephews to keep me busy... whew... who knows what could have happened. I wouldn't be responsible for my own actions :P I really really like this new office, and the girls I work with are great. They are making a transition into my role as Patient Care Coordinator very easy. The Doctor's are all great too. I have my own Doc whose schedule I'm in charge of. Funny story is, I actually worked with him, way back in the day!! He is fresh out of dental school, but before that, he worked at the same Sandwich shop I did, Sargo's Subs. His parents were actually the owners. So when I met him, he goes, "Hey, I know you!" It took me a second.. but I guess all that dental school stuff really worked out for him :P Also, I'm making a little more money, and getting some more hours. It took longer then I anticipated, but I'm happy I'm not having to commute to work. Its just up on the hill in Oregon City. Haha, I'm not at the point where I'll start hating going to work yet, but I'm sure I'll get that dreaded feeling soon enough :P

So, my first week of work just happened to start on the same week as good ole' Doughboy! For any of you guys who don't know what The Doughboy is, let me explain. My family and extended family on my dad's side do 2 events each year, where we sell Elephant Ears (fry bread type of tasty treat : ) ) or as we like to call them, Doughboys. They're scrumptious treats and people come year after year requesting their much awaited Doughboy. As much fun as this is, its also SO TIRING!! Its hard work, but the benefit is the fun we have with each other as a family. I was blessed to be born in a great family, and we are all very close. We live close to each other, but don't get to see each other as often as we should, and its fun to spend time with each other, even if it is slaving over a hot fryer! I remember SO looking forward to the fair when I was a kid, and working in there... now I just can't believe how stupid I was! Anyways... another year down, and we're done till July of 2010!!



Uncle Lloyd helping get set up


Not the best picture, but you can kind of see what they look like, add Cinnamon and sugar...YUM!

To add to the craziness around here, both of our labs just had sets of puppies. We have dogs coming out of our ears! But they're OH SO CUTE! They're fuzzy and look like little bears. Jayce thinks they're cars, and pushes them around the wood floor making "vroom, vroom" noises. Too cute! We had Brown, Silver and Black... so if ya know anyone one lookin' for a puppy, TELL ME!





Oh... and I found this picture online. Thought it was fitting of the guy supposedly running the country...blah!



Other then that, its been fun. Just enjoying hanging out with my family and friends. I can't believe summer is almost over! Thats whats happening for now! Bed time!

No comments:

Post a Comment